SENIOR MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION COMPANY
Senior managers plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate, through middle managers, the overall operations of companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by thoses companies, either alone or in conjuction with other members of a board of directors.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human, and financial resources to implement company policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel training
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions, or departments
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions.