HEAVY DUTY VEHICLE BODY REPAIRER
Body repairers repair and restore damaged parts of a vehicle’s body and interior trim. They are employed by body shops and vehicle appraisal centres, as well as manufacturing plants and assembly plants.
- Review damage reports and estimates of repair cost and plan cost and plan to be performed
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors, and frame and underbody components
- Hammer out dents, buckles, and other defects using blocks and hammers
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams
- Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replace parts into place
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns
- Repair and replace glass components, such as windshields, windows, and sunroofs
- Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets, and floorboard insulation
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling.